We are seeking a versatile leader with passion for engineering, support and who thrives in digging into the details to enable process optimization. Can you see the patterns in chaos and bring structure and calm? If you are someone who strives for excellence in engineering and who believes that phenomenal, empowered people are the way to get things done, then you might just be a perfect fit.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of passionate developers and help them to collaborate closely with stakeholders and with other engineering teams to provide the best solutions for our users
- Provide clear direction, coaching and support to enable career development. Manage team performance and help the team continue to hone their skills and build on their strengths
- Lead and inspire your team to foster an agile and innovative culture
- Guide the team in establishing standard practices for support, CI/CD and building and maintaining performant and scalable solutions
- Work closely with technical leads and the team to develop frameworks for support, system health and performance monitoring, to stay one step ahead of issues
- Document and understand the landscape and produce automation solutions and proposals for improvements to existing processes
- Help your team make the right choices between build vs buy, out of box vs custom, open source vs proprietary solutions that align with the long term architectural vision
What were looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- At least 2 years of people management experience leading a team of 5 or more
- You'll have excellent time keeping skills and strive to maintain a resilient and constructive workspace within your team
- Enjoy working in an Agile environment, we strive to work in Scrum
- Knowledge and/or experience in Kubernetes microservices or GCP
- Expertise in engineering disciplines
- Being able to communicate effectively, work collaboratively and give and receive constructive feedback will be essential to your success in this role
- Fluent in English
You might also have
- Knowledge and/or experience in Zuora, Salesforce (SFDC), Commerce Platforms
- Knowledge around Support Metrics, monitoring and reporting
- Automation Processes
- Test and QA Knowledge
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.