Engineer Manager - Business Systems
Unity is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager from a Business Systems background to build and lead our Enterprise Technology team. This role will be responsible for building out the function and collaborating with our business stakeholders in Finance, Accounting, Billing, Revenue Operations, and Engineering. The responsibilities include revising and implementing new Finance processes, building integrations between our existing systems, enhancing our automation capabilities, and implementing controls. This role requires a highly architectural technical manager who is open to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty if necessary. Prior experience in the finance systems domain is strongly preferred.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office.
What you'll be doing
- Run the entire application life cycle, from requirements gathering, technical design, development, and testing to deployment
- Develop and maintain integrations between Workday, NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce, and other external systems
- Design a scalable architecture for automated finance processes. Operate end-to-end processes and workflows in our Lead to Cash systems
- Implement and maintain IT General Controls (ITGCs) and other SOX-compliant technical controls
- Develop and maintain integrations between Finance systems such as Netsuite or Coupa and other external systems
- Ensure end-to-end data quality and Implement appropriate process controls
- Collaborate with our Release, QA, and Support teams
- Jointly develop Career Development Plans with your team members
- Hire and onboard new team members, coach team members in weekly 1:1s, monthly project reviews, and quarterly check-ins
- Role model Unity’s values
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of deep hands-on experience with, and architectural and technical knowledge of Workday, NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce, Blackline, Avalara, FloQast and other external systems
- 5+ years of experience with Scripting, Programming and configuration management
- Working knowledge of other Lead-to-Cash systems such as Salesforce
- Familiarity with integration technologies such as Workato, Workday Studio, EIB, MuleSoft
- Working knowledge of analytics technologies such as Bigquery, Looker, or Sigma
- Accounting and FP&A Processes
- Finance Operations, including Billing, Collections, and Accounts Payable
- SOX/ITGC components of each of the above
- Ability to develop and communicate across teams to get an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Experience with GCP, programing languages like Python, React, Java and Jenkins
- Proficiency in career development and performance management
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high-quality business application configurations, code, and integrations
- Demonstrated competency in development processes, project and program leadership
You might also have
- Software Engineering background
- SaaS company background
- Public company and/or SOX implementation experience
- Stay informed on the latest technologies and best practices in the Finance, Procurement, Accounting, and ERP space
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.