Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for a talented Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing accounting operations team in India! You will be responsible for executing key functions within the procedure-to-pay process for our global accounts payable process reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office. General working hours for this role will be 2pm-10pm IST during the weekdays.
What you'll be doing
- Support the execution of the Global delivery of Unity’s Accounts Payable process.
- Timely & Accurate Invoice Processing (both PO based and Non-PO based).
- Ensure invoices meet local tax requirements and execute proper tax invoice submission
- Ensure timely remittance of vendor payments, set up payments on bank portal, etc.
- Vendor management activities including vendor set-up, vendor reconciliation, vendor inquiries and record keeping management within the ERP.
- Ownership on reporting requirements like Form 1099
- Assist in month/quarter/year-end close activities.
- Participate in Accounts Payable automation and streamlining activities, system testing and implementation.
- Understand invoice processing and payment delays trends in order to identify and resolve issues.
- Partner with business and IT teams to upgrade processes and improve the AP process
- Perform work to maintain Internal Audit/SOX compliance.
- Escalate issues to managers when their intervention or awareness is required.
- Respond to vendor and business partner inquiries with respect to invoicing in accordance with company SLAs.
- Ad-hoc, special projects, and other requests as needed.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with 4 years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience, preferably with multinational public companies.
- Ability to adhere to Company defined SLA’s and strong problem-solving skills in order to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Strong understanding of Accounts Payable functions including vendor set-up, invoicing, payments, reporting requirements, statutory deductions and compliance of TDS, GST etc.
- Strong understanding of process controls, knowledge of excel at an intermediate level, and large ERP systems (e.g Workday).
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and be able to change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong people and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.