Technical Product Manager - Developer Platform
Sisense is developing the next-generation Embedded Analytics Platform for developers, allowing companies to build better analytics experiences and drive better outcomes. We're continuously working on our market-leading product and need a sharp and talented Technical Product Manager to join our efforts and help build the future of the Sisense Platform.
We are looking for…
The Sisense Product Team is looking for a skilled and experienced Technical Product Manager with hands-on experience in both software development and product management, to take our industry-leading developer platform to the next level. This role will be best suited for a creative, driven, highly technical product manager who can define and execute a transformative vision of our developer platform with a deep understanding of the needs and challenges faced by developers who build products with our API platform.
- You are an experienced product manager or technical product manager with a proven track record successfully building and launching developer platforms and API products
- You are customer obsessed and love partnering with customers to advocate for their needs, collaborate on feature design, and ensure their success
- You have hands-on software development experience, and a deep understanding of modern technologies, APIs, SDKs, and tools used by developers
- You have taken multiple product capabilities from ideation to impact. You can define priorities and lead cross-team efforts to create real customer value.
- You’ve got great written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of developer needs, documentation, and highly-detailed requirements
- You feel at home engaging in both inbound and outbound activities - from deep dives into API design to leading webinars, meetups and workshops
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders, including partnerships, marketing, and developer relations
- You have the ability to effectively communicate (in English) complex technical concepts in a clear and professional manner to both technical and business audiences
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, and collaborative environment
- Experience in Analytics and Data products is a big advantage
- Take a leading role in defining and building Sisense’s developer experience
- Define end-to-end requirements for Sisense’s developer-facing capabilities and drive their delivery from design, through engineering, to enablement and go-to-market
- Identify, collect, analyze, and advocate for developers’ and customers’ needs
- Collaborate with your Product Manager peers helping them define developer-facing aspects of their features, such as REST APIs and SDKs
- Review, train and mentor developers, PMs, and other technical staff on API design, best practices, and standards
- Communicate the roadmap, product vision, and developer strategy to key stakeholders including Sales, CS, Engineering, Leadership, Partners and Customers
- Write and maintain developer documentation, internal and external knowledge-bases
- Engage the developer community and help developers to get stuff done with Sisense
- Create resources that help developers use our platform, from code samples and demos to blog posts and webinars
How You’ll Ramp:
By day 30 …You'll spend most of your time ramping up on the product and our existing processes. You will:
- Learn to use the Sisense product from both end-user and developer perspectives
- Get familiar with our different user personas and how they each use the product
- Work with the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to see how they introduce Sisense to customers
- Establish the relationships necessary for long-term collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Product Marketing teams
By day 60 …You'll have begun to work on delivering even better experiences to our developers. You will:
- Understand and synthesize developer needs from market research, customer insights, and competitive analysis into practical improvements within the Sisense Developer Platform domain
- Learn our standards and best practices and begin to make contributions to them, while also advocating for their correct implementation with other teams
- Understand and be able to communicate the product roadmap and its existing developer-facing features to internal and external audiences
By day 90 …You'll know the product and its users and be able to identify and deliver lasting improvements for customers. You will:
- Translate product strategies and objectives into well-defined requirements, drive the creation of prototypes and innovative solutions in collaboration with Product Design and Engineering teams
- Become a focal point for knowledge of our developer platform capabilities, and an advocate for developer’s needs across the organization
- Work with your PM peers and engineering teams on our official SDKs, APIs, documentation and other resources which allow our customers to customize, embed and automate their Sisense deployments
- We are a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics.
- We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder.
- We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence 7 years in a row.
- We’re on-boarding rapidly! We have over 600 employees with offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, and London.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.
Why you should join our team:
The Sisense developer platform is core to our company and an essential component of our API-first DNA, empowering thousands of users in businesses from various industries to innovate by building new analytics solutions and services, generating new revenue streams.Sisense has been the market leader in embedded analytics for years, and is investing heavily in building the best analytics platform for developers. Along this path, you will have the opportunity to overcome complex, yet-unsolved challenges, build innovative products that make a real difference, and collaborate with an incredible team across the globe.
CO Posting: The base pay range for candidates located in Colorado is $140,000- $175,000 (/yr). The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to market location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, experience and training, education, skill sets, and other business and organizational needs. A bonus, equity, commissions, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity. The disclosed salary range represents an estimate of the base compensation for candidates who can or will be located in Colorado. This range may vary with respect to candidates whose primary work location is outside those jurisdictions.
NYC and CA Posting: The base pay range for candidates located in New York City and California is $140,000- $175,000 (/yr). The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to market location, internal equity, job-related knowledge, experience and training, education, skill sets, and other business and organizational needs.The disclosed salary range represents an estimate of the base compensation for candidates who can or will be located in New York City or California. This range may vary with respect to candidates whose primary work location is outside those jurisdictions.
Something looks off?