Sisense is the unified, collaborative data platform for professional data teams. We help thousands of data teams tackle increasingly complex data challenges, from ETL through predictive analytics.
Our expectations for ourselves are ever-increasing, and we're looking for someone to help us along that journey. If you love creating delightful user experiences for technical and non-technical users and delivering company-changing outcomes, this role is for you!
We're looking for a hands-on security engineer to play a key role in Sisense's security program. As a member of the security team, you will automate day-to-day tasks, collect data to report on the success of our protective controls, and write new detection logic. You will work closely with other members of the security and broader engineering organizations to enhance and support our security efforts.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR INFORMATION SECURITY TEAM:
Customers trust us with their most important data. They use Sisense to query everything from revenue metrics to the personally identifiable information of their users. In Sisense, we use the edge of technology for our product, for our internal services, and to enhance our security posture. We are a global company, and we believe that diversity and providing equal opportunities are great for expanding our ways of thinking.
You will partner with engineering, IT, and others to truly empower the employees at Sisense. You'll be expected to support solutions by applying risk-based security touchpoints that are both highly secure and highly functional while moving at the speed of the business. Enabling everyone at Sisense to keep moving fast while continuously increasing the strength of our security may be your greatest challenge. While some capabilities are already in place that will need to be learned and maintained, there will be a need to deploy new emerging security solutions to proactively and reactively protect our employees and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead threat-hunting practices, suggest product and infrastructure signals to surface attacks, and incorporate findings into security controls
- Develop and run tools to gather security telemetry data from cloud production systems
- Continuously design and enhance robust security measures for ongoing cloud infrastructure.
- Conduct cloud security audit reviews regularly.
- Automate workflows and improve identification and response times for security events
- Assess vulnerabilities and implement preventive measures.
- Contribute actively to security operations and incident response efforts.
- Respond to security events, triage, perform investigations, conduct incident analysis, and communicate clearly and efficiently to stakeholders
- Contribute to improving processes, procedures, and technologies used for detection and response
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain a resilient security posture.
WHAT YOU HAVE AND ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR:
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a security engineer, including security monitoring, incident response, email security, and threat hunting
- Ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs for anomalous events
- Domain experience managing and working with current SIEM and SOAR platforms
- In-depth knowledge of security measures specific to cloud infrastructure.
- Proven experience in monitoring and responding to security incidents in cloud-based systems.
- Experience with DLP tools and practices + improving data monitoring, detection, and prevention.
- Practical understanding of common attacks and how they work. Understanding of malware functionality and persistence mechanisms.
- You have a growth mindset, push yourself towards excellence, and focus on continuous functional improvements.
- You are a curious person who looks at problem statements and can clearly propose actionable solutions
WILL BE A PLUS
- General knowledge of IT security audit techniques. Understanding of various user access controls, SSO, user profile integrity, and access management controls;
- Experience in providing information security for corporate networks. Practical experience with Antivirus, EDR, Web proxy, DLP, and email security solutions
- Experience with scripting languages and at least one general-purpose programming language.
- Security certifications such as OSCP, CISSP, CEH, GWAPT, etc.